What Now?! is proud to bring you London’s smartest map and city guide, helping you discover the best parts of the city as you experience it, without worrying about roaming charges. Since our soft launch in April 2014 we have had over 400,000 downloads of our app - with zero spent on marketing.
What Now?! recently partnered with the Transfer and Activities Bank (TAB) division of the Hotelbeds Group to deliver a mobile-first booking solution for in-destination tourism - working with various partners like hotels to deliver both added value to guests as well as an additional revenue stream.
Our MVP became the Official Tourist App for London in conjunction with the Tourism Board/Mayor's Office. Prior to launch, we were showcased by TechCrunch as one of their Top 15 European Startups at their Disrupt event in Berlin, as well as by PhoCusWright at their Travel Innovation Summit in the US (the largest such event in the global travel industry) as one of 2013’s Top Travel Innovations. We were also shortlisted for the UK’s Most Innovative Mobile Company as part of the UK government’s Department of Trade and Investment’s Smart UK Initiative. In Autumn 2014, TechCrunch invited us back on stage at their Disrupt conference in London as one of their successful Startup Battlefield companies (which was hugely flattering as previous alumni have included Dropbox and Yammer!).
We are looking for a lead designer to drive the look and feel of our app and creative marketing output, whilst building a design team for support and to grow them. Design is hugely important to our business and we are working on the next version of our app - so we need someone to work alongside the product and tech team to build the best possible in-destination tourism product over different channels.
You should: -
- care deeply about what you create and seeing people use it gets you excited
- integrate your own best practice design knowledge with findings from data and user testing to design the -best possible solution to a problem
- have excellent typography, colour and layout skills
- be comfortable working on projects from brainstorming and concepts through to polished designs, and then working with our developers to make them real
- be experienced and comfortable designing for native mobile apps (both iOS and Android) and responsive web
- be a dab hand with Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, Invision and/or other visual design, prototyping and wire-framing tools
- be comfortable with UX principles
- have the ability to collaborate closely with our Product and wider team in London
- be self-driven, motivated and able to take initiative in leading projects.
- be able to adapt in a fast-paced start-up environment
- be proactive, bringing ideas and building on the work of others
- have clear and proactive communication, particularly when presenting ideas
- be able to solve problems creatively and effectively
Would be nice if you have: -
- experience in User Research and User Experience design
- animation skills that help translate your UI designs into moving prototypes
- passion for travel
Job type: Full-time
Compensation: Generous and includes employee share options, dependent on your experience and performance
Start Date: as soon as possible
Job location: Techhub, Old Street, London, UK
Size of the startup: under 10